Search My Yard!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mid July Update!

Well here we are, towards the end of July already. It doesn't feel like its already the middle of July but the yard is looking like it is!
Here are some pics of what's going on in the yard on this unusually comfortable July afternoon.

From left to right, My monstera, a ti plant, croton, a mandevilla, my scott pratt plumeria, my agave americana, my Plumeria Jenny



A different perspective


Pool area plants! One of the "ears" on the elephant ear in the middle was torn by the wind. In the next pic, you'll see it fixed. I fixed it by putting a piece of green wire between the 2 edges of the leaves. Worked well! 



Here's my big plumeria.


Some nice dwarf cannas!



My potted yucca with some begonias and my potted livistona with some purple heart.



My Adonidila and coconut palm


My Brown Turkey fig coming back from the dead after this rough winter.


Some hibiscus, a plumeria, and confederate Jasmine. When the hibiscus are in bloom, the area really brightens up! 


My Plumeria "Divine" made this inflo indoors. Most of the buds fell off, but looks like a few will end up blooming!


That's not the only plumeria getting ready to bloom. My Scott Pratt inflo is getting bigger every day! 

My Ensete has gotten really big. I really love the way the Caladiums and Begonias grow with each other. If you have shade in your yard and are looking for an annual combo to fit a large pot, this is the best I can come up with! 


A bigger view of the yard





Plumeria "Maya" among the foliage of other tropicals.


Pool area plants.





Solandra Maxima with a Passiflora "Berkley" stealing the show a bit.


Even as potted plants, Castor Beans are fast growers!



Sabal Minor making a nice comeback after seeing a low of 3F this winter. (It did receive protection the rest of the winter, I don't think it would look nearly as good if it went the entire winter unprotected).


Here's the front yard. I hope that when winter comes I can keep this Ensete alive indoors because I'd love to have it in the yard next year!


Sold to me as a popcorn plant. The leaves smell like buttered popcorn and the yellow blooms are very cool too! 


I probably own some of the most stubborn Crape Myrtles in the city when it comes to blooming. It's always the last to bloom in the neighborhood, but I wouldn't trade it for any other. No damage this past winter.


Another really late bloomer is my Kopper King Hibiscus. Not too many in the area to judge how early or late mine is blooming, but it's a favorite of mine. The blooms are so crazy big and the foliage is beautiful too. And I don't give it any extra care at all other than water.






The planting bead by the driveway was the last to be planted this year. I'm happy with how it's growing so far!





Colocasia "Mojito". Beautiful leaves!



Another view of my large plumeria.



Here are some other random views of the yard from upstairs! 




Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I will be the first person to post a comment. What a beautiful yard you have. Love the landscaping and especially the Plumerias. Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words and for visiting the blog! I have a lot of fun doing it!

      Delete