Search My Yard!

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Late August by my pond

I was so excited to have a pond when I moved into my place 2 years ago, but let me tell you it was a HUGE learning curve to landscape around it, but I think I have it sorted this year! There is SO much fun happening in this little pocket. 

A view from the top of the pond. I need to put a chair here (and wear more bug spray!)

Love this view! The Cordyline Australis is a winter survivor by the way! So is the Fiesta Hedychium ginger which is now MASSIVE!

I guess I won't get any blooms from my Queen Emma Crinum this year,  but it sure looks happy! My Hybrid Musa Sumantrana Gran Nain is really surprising me! 

Musa Sikkimensis is the star, but Colocasia Black Stem is catching up!

Welcome to the pond!

Hedychium Daniel Weeks. My easilest blooming ginger and defintiely my favorites

Passiflora is THRIVING!

Closeup on Passiflora Lavender Lady. It's a new purchase from Fantastic Gardens 


Love this little grouping. The medinilla magnifica is having an amazing year.

My panama hat palm was a perfect houseplant last winter. It's actually not a palm, but a relative of the prayer plant! Despite it's relation to those finicky cousins, this one seems easy. Botanical name is Carludovica palmata

Sanchezia noblis is a zone 9 perennial that can actualyl bloom! I think this will be hard to keep as a houseplant but it's an epic summer plant! My Variegated Monstera Thai Constellation looks great! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment