Search My Yard!

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

An tour around the rest of my Long Island garden

 In my previous post I shared some pond photos - now here's a look at some more fun! 


Coccothrinax crinita (Old man Palm, with Siam Ruby banana, Plumeria Melody, and Musa Ae Ae) 

Musa Ae Ae Closeup

Bismarkia and Trachycarpus latisectus 


A different angle with a better view of the Ti plants. Featured here is Singapore Twist and Exotica. I prefer white diamond over Exotica for an easier plant up here, but I do LOVE the variegated pattern. 
My Flamethrower palm lost it's flame but gained a new beautiful frond. The New Zealand flax lily (Phormium tenax) and Begonia luxurians are really living their best life this year! Still no blooms on either. The begonia was a purchase from 2023 and the Flax lily is new from the Farmingdale Plant Sale this spring


Lets look at some more banana plants! 

Musa Viente Cohol from Miami last spring hanging out next to my needle palm. I got the needle palm in 2022. It seems like the secret to success with the needle palm is to start them big!
Ensete Maurelli with my citrus and sago palm! This is such a fun spot in my garden! 

A volunteer sunflower!

This hibiscus had a slow start, but the blooms on it now are incredible! This is year 2. 


This Variegated  Pink Hibiscus should have white blooms. It's a cutting from Farmingdale state but no blooms yet  

Hibiscus tiliaceus probably wont bloom in a container but the foliage is so much fun! 

My trachycarpus out front with a small growing zinnia that I got from the Hicks Spring Flower sale on discount

My large, mystery dahlia


These dahlias were a purchase from last year. They are getting so big!

Tiny zinnia. So cute with the Bengal Tiger Canna

























No comments:

Post a Comment