Search My Yard!

Monday, July 31, 2023

Late July Banana Plant Updates

The banana plants have really filled out over the past few months.

My Musa Sikkimensis "Bengal Tiger" had a lot more color earlier in the season, but has since reverted to a greener look. It was a potted plant last year and died down to the soil. I'm pretty happy with its growth rate. It's taller than me now! Check out the difference a month made!

July 29

June 27
The markings are still there, but faded

Siam Ruby is an interesting banana plant. I love it for it's color, but I wouldn't call it easy. I can see why it's not common to find this one.  It's grown a lot since May though and is loving our warm summer nights. 




Musa Viente Cohol (at least that's what it was sold as) took a long time to grow new leaves because it had absolutely no roots this past spring. I dug it up last Autumn and had it bare root in my kitchen through the winter. From November to February it grew one leaf and the second new leaf came up sometime in May about 6 weeks after it was brought outside. It's made up for lost time clearly! 


June 27




No comments:

Post a Comment