Search My Yard!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Tropical Plants outside ... IN MARCH!

March is usually cold, cloudy and generally miserable here on Long Island ... but we got a VERY nice reprieve this week. Temperatures soared into the 70s for 2 days straight in my garden & we had a string of 60s too. So I took out the tropical plants for some fresh air and sunshine! 

Queen Palm, Singapore Twist, and Camellia

Lady palm, Sasanqua camellia (it's been blooming on and off all winter), and to the left, a variegated kumquat.

A closeup! 

I'm playing around with some color combinations and really like the way the variegated ti plant looks  with the chinese fan palm
 

To the far right you see a poinsetta is still filled with color! 

Flamethrower palm living its best life with the Staghorn Fern and Ti Plant

I repotted my Orange and Yellow Bird of Paradise. It took me over a half hour to pry the roots off and unfortunately I did damage a few of the roots.

A very exciting purchase - a Monstera Thai Consellation! 

Bismarkia Palm looking good!




No comments:

Post a Comment