Search My Yard!

Thursday, March 16, 2023

What's the point in a garden without some comfy furniture!?

I feel like all my hard work in the garden pays off, but one regret I had last year was the lack of time I spent sitting outside and enjoying it! I think the biggest reason was the lack of places to sit - so before we really get into the warmer days - I decided to make an investment. 

Nighttime temperatures are still dropping below freezing, so the orchid on the table was only there for the afternoon, but the palms will stay outside at this point. The potted Trachycarpus fortunei and Camellias only go in the garage when temperatures approach the teens F at night - and those days are long gone!




My Camellia "R.L Wheeler" is getting so close to opening its first blooms of the season. It's a spectacular cultivar! 

I decided to add my Chamadorea microspadix and Lady palm to the area to give a really nice "Florida vibe". These palms are cold tolerant down to 20F (and the Chamadorea can actually handle even colder!). I do keep them in the house during the coldest weeks of winter because I love to spoil my plants. 




No comments:

Post a Comment