Search My Yard!

Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3rd (my birthday) pictures around the yard!

What better way for a 20 year old to celebrate his birthday than to take pictures of the results from a summer of hard work and planting. Today I noticed my Tibouchina grandiflora really blooming at full force. I don't know why this isn't a more common exotic to grow around here because it seems to be a pretty reliable bloomer and a beautiful one at that.


I love this picture of my Tibouchina in front of the plumerias canopy. 

It wouldn't be fair if I didn't show a peek at my other favorite thing to do in my spare time, observe the weather. Behind my Tibouchina flower is my Davis Vantage Vue which has been giving me temperature readings since July 2011. The sitting of the weather station is not perfectly ideal especially in terms of wind measurements, but it's the most practical option that I have for now. I'm hoping to get a more advanced unit soon with the ability to put the anemometer up high on my roof. 




Quick look at the  pool area plants.


The weather is far from pool weather, but the fact that the pool is still open definitely adds to the tropical feel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment