Search My Yard!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Front yard

The Front yard is one of the nicest parts of the yard this time of the year. I re-did the entire bed in the front yard this spring and filled it with only perennials. It's a lot less work in the future, but still a nice subtropical look. Here are some pics!
Knockout Roses...







Overview...


And here's the front porch container plants this year. I decided that Mandevillas would add a lot of color and height and planted some Verbanas underneath with some purple hearts in the back. In the very front are my Eastern Prickly Pears. They get burning hot sun ALL day long and have not bloomed in 3 years. I'm hoping that this will be the year that breaks that tradition. I really want to see some blooms and one of the plants made over 30 pads this spring!











No comments:

Post a Comment