Search My Yard!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A few nighttime photos from the garden

String lights were definitely one of my favorite garden investments. I think I paid $15 for a 20-foot strand of heavy-duty lights. I don't even take them down for the wintertime and they've been in the garden now for at least 4 or 5 years. They are so relaxing to look at and add the perfect level of light for a relaxing late-night stroll around the garden.

Yucca flowers only open up at night so that's the best time to give them a smell and take some pictures! Nighttime is also really fun when you have hibiscus because you'll often see the blooms start to unfurl before the sun rises. Our hibiscus are still a few weeks away from blooming. They have been REALLY slow to emerge this year. It's okay though because the hostas are stealing the show anyway!














No comments:

Post a Comment