Search My Yard!

Monday, August 5, 2013

My front yard in 8 weeks!

Here's the kind of growth that happened in my front yard in 8 weeks. 2 months of summer really does make an incredible difference. Unfortunately 2 months of winter has the opposite effect!

June 2nd, 2013... My Ensete Banana was pushing out it's second outdoor leaf of the season. My Brugmansia was pretty bare and my Alocasia hadn't even made a leaf yet. My European Fan palm was looking good though as was the Sabal Minor and oleander.

August 3rd, 2013... Lost count of the number of new leaves on the Ensete, but I think it's around 7 or so. The Brugmansia filled out really nicely and my Sabal Minor has grown a bit too! 




What was a bit disappointing was the butterfly ginger I planted in the front yard. If you look very carefully you might see one next to the spiral ginger in the 3rd pic on this post, but it definitely has not grown much. There is still time left though and while I'm not expecting blooms from this clump, I do think it will be in much better shape for next season.

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment