Search My Yard!

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Early July 2024 Update from my Long Island Garden

 It's hot and humid this week and you can practically watch some of the tropical plants grow right before your eyes. It's pretty amazing! 


Things are getting big. Check out my Musa 

A peek at my gaussia princeps palm

C,lose up 
A different view

Plumeria Melody with my Variegated Kumquat, Old man Palm, and Bismarkia Palm. 


Queen Emma Crinum looking nice. The Cordyline Australis actually survived the winter!

Musa Sikkimensis with My other musa (maybe ice cream?)

Hibiscus tiliaceus
Hedychium Vanilla Ice



Zinnia Cactus type

It's Bananas!

 Musa Sumatrana X Gran Nain

Ensete Maurelli in the front yard with my Bengal tiger cannas


Mysa sikkimensis, variegated Cordyline "Torbay Dazzler"

 Musa Siam Ruby. It struggled a bit but it's coming back!

Begonia vine (Cissus discolor)


Winter Survivors
This was only one year ago (August 2023)

Windmill Palm in this corner is growing SO fast and Daniel Weeks Hedyhium Ginger sprouted back beautifully and is taller than it was last year at this time!

My first time growing Fatsia in full shade. I am in LOVE! It is much more compact in full sun.
Sabal Minor is buried by my winter surviving Salvia Black and Blue

Madison Star Jasmine survived the winter without issues this year. It was a mild one! The fragance is amazing. At this point the cannas have kind of buried this plant.

Frostproof Gardenia is in bloom (Puerto Rican Hat Palm looking happy too!)
The Musa Veinte cohol was planted this spring, but the needle palm is doing fabulous! 


Giant lily!


Trachycarpus latisectus goes inside below 30F


Sabal Uresana 

The windmill palm is enjoying it's 3rd summer. Next to it is a Chuck Hayes Gardenia. That's new this year!








No comments:

Post a Comment