Search My Yard!

Thursday, January 18, 2024

New Year, Same Me!

 I'm beginning to appreciate the quiet that comes with the winer garden. I'm a tropical plant guy so it's hard to sit on my hands and let the winter cold pass through, but it's a nice break ahead of the busy spring garden season just a few weeks away. 

Windmill palm, yucca gloriosa, and yucca "Silver Anniversary"

Satsuma Mandarin Owari

Chamadorea Microspadix overwinters in the garage when temperatures drop lower than about 28F

I overwinter the queen palm in my dining room when nights drop below 30F

This year I'll leave the Sabal Minor unprotected unless we have an night below 10F



This potted windmill goes inside below 20F although it can handle colder.

I will leave my cast iron plants unprotected

Aucuba japonica add so much color to this shady spot all year long 

It's a HUGE aucuba! 

Hellebores bringing some flower power to the January Garden

Variegated Cordyline adding a little fun to the pond area

A light snow... the tropical plants are safe!

My needle palm is very wind tattered, but hopefully it won't mind the cold!

This was my living room! You'll see the queen palm has returned to it's indoor spot for the cold this week.
 That "Majesty palm look alike" is a Gaussia princeps

No comments:

Post a Comment