Search My Yard!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Late October garden update!

We had a cool and rainy October in New York, but the tropical plants are hanging on. A few, like my calla lilies, are actually ENJOYING IT! 

Here's an update, starting with my Satsuma Mandarin Owari. It ripens earlier and is more cold tolerant than most citrus. This is the second year I've grown this one. I have nearly 20 fruit! 



The banana plants are putting out their best effort and still looking great. I'm especially proud of my Musa Sikkimensis. Viente Cohol did great too, but no fruit yet! 




Peep at the Ti Plant "Singapore Twist" and the Phildendron cortadum that is inching its way inside. 


Hedychium Daniel Weeks survived the winter and was the first of the ginger to bloom this seaosn




Some great growth on the Dicksonia antarctica 

My Queen palm will go inside when temperatures drop below 30F 
















No comments:

Post a Comment