Search My Yard!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Replanting a massive Agave

Back in April I repotted my oldest and largest agave. Those of you who've had to deal with potting thorny plants understand why I had to write an entire post about potting this plant. It really can be a pretty big project. Agave desmettiana 'variegata' fortunately are not too sharp, you just have to watch out for the tips!

As you can see in this picture, it was definitely worth risking a few bruises because this plant was surviving on an incredibly small amount of soil.



Here's the final result!





I was amazed at the ability for this plant to be growing in a half empty pot and look so healthy. Agaves are fantastic plants and even a person with a brown thumb can create a piece of the tropics with a few of these around!

No comments:

Post a Comment