Search My Yard!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Plant Purchase! Tillandsia (sp?)

I love air plants. I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid and brought some from an airport growing out of a plastic shell (I still have that shell). I've been looking for a giant sized Tillandsia since I went to the Virgin Islands years ago and saw them growing all over the trees. I wouldn't have expected to find exactly what I was looking for in Manhattan!
It's home for the summer is on my largest Plumeria. I think it may be a T. utriculata but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me about bromeliads will come along!





The store had SO MANY cool things in it. It was a floral arrangement store with all tropical stuff. I was in heaven, they had so many unusual tropical foliage and flowers to use for arrangements. Helconia flowers, giant coconut palm, sago palm, and bismarkia fronds, TONS of different ginger flowers, an entire stem of bananas, flower included, sprouting coconut palms, I can go on and on about it but I'll show you a few pics instead!


A nice day in the city for sure today! 







No comments:

Post a Comment