Search My Yard!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Flowers around the yard

Some pics of what has been in bloom! 

Digiplexis

The cannas have been blooming like CRAZY! 






 Not sure of the name of the annual to the left, but the lantanas in the planter to the right is growing quickly and blooming reliably! 

Rosa Rugosa is supposed to be a spring bloomer and although I'm sure that's when the main show is, it has been sporadically blooming all summer.

 Portulacas 

Begonias and Ornamental Potato Vine

 

Begonias and lantana. Lantana is growing in full sun and the begonias just next to it is growing in filtered shade all day.


I really look forward to brugmansia blooms every summer. My Ember Yellow in the back has made a few blooms and has LOTS of buds, but my double pink in the front is still all leaves for now. We'll see what daily soakings and lots of fertilizer does for it over the next month.

Last year I grew Verbanas in this spot (it seems like a few may have survived the winter!) but overall, Lantanas are much more consistent performers for me. They haven't slowed down since the day I bought them and the Colocasias and Caladiums are filling up nicely behind them. 


Mexican Sunflower




I had red ones last year, this is the first year I am also growing yellow ones. The red seem a bit more vigorous  in terms of growth but that may just be coincidental. Both are equally as vigorous in terms of blooms.



Roses are great and even better when there palm trees involved!



 First year growing Salvias and I really like them. This one is called Black and Blue and it's so amazing. I love the color combination! Crossing my fingers it is truly zone 7 hardy. 





Mandevilla is always a reliable bloomer in the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment