Search My Yard!

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

First Pool Day of 2024!

 And what a beautiful pool day it was at my parents house on Staten Island! 


I moved my giant Black Knight Ti plants from the entrance to my parents backyard toward the pool and I am LOVING the pop of color. I also added a few ti plants near the Trachycarpus palms for a little extra tropical flare. 





Both Trachycarpus are blooming this year along with my Florida Anise illicium


The Wisteria and gardenia are looking nice!











A little burn on the Adondila palm from the sun, but not bad overall! 


The Gold Struck Rose has been in this container for a few years. When I got it from the nursery the trunk was BURIED in soil and I left it that way, but I decided it was time to repot it to properly align the soil with its root line. It was so happy it made its biggest flower ever!


My favorite bloom in my parents yard right now! Bletilla striata aka Hardy Ground Orchid blooms in May!


I'm loving this begonia!


I got this Ensete for 40 dollars because the leaves were broken. I felt that was more reasonable than the $90 original price. It will grow back quickly!















No comments:

Post a Comment