Search My Yard!

Monday, May 6, 2024

Early May - Here's what's in bloom!

I love this time of the year. Plant nurseries are absolutely overflowing with plants. It's amazing what a pretty annual can do to dress up a tired tropical plant. Like my Bismarkia. It overwintered inside beautifully, but these dark leaf dahlias really add a needed pop of color. 




I'm excited for my Giant Peach mandevilla to bloom. Planted underneath: Calliope geranium "Pink Splash", Truffula Pink Globe, Cuphea Sweet Talk Deep Pink. 


These Hibiscus were so colorful! The pink one will go to my parents house. The yellow was for my aunt. The pink are called Cotton Candy wind. I loved the leaves!


Osterosperum are so much fun. They can handle surprising cold too!


I'll also bring these fun yellow blooms. They're going in my parents yard. It's called Grandaisy - and it's not supposed to love heat. So we'll see!


My first year growing Dinner Plate Dahlia. This is Kelvin Floodlight

Dahlia "Seattle"


My Mickey Mouse elephant ears need a little work to compete with these gorgeous Del Sol begonias





Bartzella Peony in it's second year. Last year I had one flower, this year it looks like I have a few! 


Ponderosa Lemon is about to bloom. Yay! 



My Sir Winston Churchill Daffodils. Love the smell of these! 





No comments:

Post a Comment